Grad School (Solution)
All the people listed in this puzzle are actors who have played the Doctor in the BBC series Doctor Who. they played the Doctor in the following order:
For each Doctor, index their number into the subject that they have a doctorate in to get a letter.
- William Hartnell
- Patrick Troughton
- Jon Pertwee
- Tom Baker
- Peter Davison
- Colin Baker
- Sylvester McCoy
- Paul McGann
- Christopher Eccleston
- David Tennant
- Matt Smith
The resulting letters spell out a clue, DALEKPLANET. The planet of the Daleks from Doctor Who is the answer, SKARO.
- D 6 Colin Baker has a PhD in haberdashing.
- A 8 Paul McGann got his degree in squid wrangling
- L 11 Matt Smith has an advanced degree in tiny particle mechanics.
- E 5 Peter Davison wrote his thesis on spacetime continuum travel.
- K 4 Tom Baker studied basket weaving (above water).
- P 7 Sylvester McCoy is a doctor of pepper pickling.
- L 2 Patrick Troughton studied floor tile patterns in Renaissance art.
- A 3 Jon Pertwee has a PhD in tea tasting.
- N 10 David Tennant has a doctorate in hitchhiking.
- E 1 William Hartnell studied European cartography.
- T 9 Christopher Eccleston is an expert in zero point module design.